POSTS OFFERED, PROFILES AND VACANCIES
English Version || Hindi (हिंदी) Version
Here we will explain you which posts are offered and profiles of LDC (Lower DIvision Clerk), DEO (Data Entry Operator), PA/SA (Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant) and Court Clerk. It is very important to know these as this is the sole reason you are doing so hard work and trying to crack this exam. In this section, you will also get to know about the exact salary and other details.
You can find the following things on this page (click on them to know more)
- Posts offered in SSC CHSL Exam 2016
- Comparison of Vacancies with previous years in SSC CHSL Exam 2016
- Detailed Salary Structure (Pre-revised) for SSC CHSL Exam 2016
- Preference order for SSC CHSL Exam 2016
Posts offered in SSC CHSL Exam 2016
LDC – Lower Division Clerk
Pay Band – I (5200-20200), Grade Pay 1900
Profile: Lower Division clerk does simple tasks. Their day-to-day activities includes Maintenance of documents, Receiving and sending documents, Typing of letters and sending them through post/fax, making salary of office staff, recording leaves and relevant data of company and office staff. They get promoted as Upper Division clerk, Division clerk and Head division clerk.
DEO – Data Entry Operator
Pay Band – I (5200-20200), Grade Pay 2400/1900
Profile: The work of Data Entry operator is not just bound to system. They do most of the work done by LDC (Lower Division Clerk’s) but the extra duty of DEO is that they need to enter lots of data in computer.
Pay Band – I (5200-20200), Grade Pay 2400/1900
Profile: The major task of court clerk is to do day-to-day administrative works to help courts run smoothly. They help schedule court hearings, does paper work, contacting involved parties, setting up courts, etc.
PA/SA – Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant
Pay Band – I (5200-20200), Grade Pay 2400
Profile: The work varies as per the department allotted:
- PAPO (Postal Assistant in Post Offices): You will be posted behind the counter in Post offices. The major duties are selling stamps, helping people in booking, filling forms, ensuring letters/postage are in good condition for mailing, answering questions posted by customers, etc. You will be meeting many new people as you are directly involved with public and will get good insights on postal department.
- PAFPO (Postal Assistant in Foreign Post Organization): Here you will be dealing with foreign posts/packages
- SARMS (Sorting Assistant in Railway Mail Service): You will be posted in RMS units in railway circles. The main work is to sort mails according to pin-codes. You will be working in shifts. Many a times you might work in night shift, but you will get the next day off in case you work for night shift. Hence, this may not be suggested for female candidates.
- PASBCO (Postal Assistant in Savings Bank Control Organization): In this the work is mainly to take care of banking related activities related to postal savings. But one advantage is that you will be posted only in head offices (Urban areas) as mostly only head offices has postal savings account. But this might change in future as postal savings services are now rapidly being expanded to rural areas
- PACO/RO (Postal Assistant in Circle/Regional Offices): As you will be in Circle/Regional offices, you will not be directly dealing with customers but instead you will be working with files and other small administrative works unlike in post offices. Advantage is that you will be surrounding cities and also you will have office hours (Mon-Fri 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM)
- PAMMS (Postal Assistant in Mail Motor Services): You will play a important role in inter-city mail transmission between mail offices and postal offices
- PARLO (Postal Assistant in Returned Letter offices): In case you have entered wrong address on a letter, it will be sent to Returned Letter offices. Here either they will try to locate correct address and send it to the them or will return the letter if from address is written on it. IIf both won’t work, they will dispose them. This is the work of this office and your work will be related to this
More Posts in SSC CHSL 2016
Notification, Exam dates, Eligibility, Reservation, etc.
Posts Offered & Vacancies (You are here)
Posts Offered, Profiles, salaries, vacancies, etc.
Syllabus in detail, Pattern of Tier I, Tier II & Tier III etc.,
Step-by-step explanation on how to apply online.
Details on admit cards & results, last Year cut-offs, etc.
Strategy to score 45+ marks in Quantitative Aptitude
Strategy to score 45+ marks in General Intelligence
Strategy to score 40+ marks in English Language
Strategy to score 35+ marks in General Awareness
A focused article on Descriptive and Skill test!!
Comparison of Vacancies with previous years
Note: Generally SSC takes more candidates than what is mentioned in notification. So, going by 2015 trend, the number of vacancies for 2016 can be estimated to be 7500 (instead of 5134 mentioned in Notification)
Detailed Salary Structure (Pre-revised)
|City||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 2400||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 1900|
|6th Pay Commission||Estimated (7th Pay Commission)||6th Pay Commission||Estimated (7th Pay Commission)|
X Cities: Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune
Y Cities: Agra, Ajmer, Aligarh, Allahabad, Amravati, Amritsar, Asansol, Aurangabad, Bareilly, Belgaum, Bhavnagar, Bhiwandi, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bikaner, Bokaro Steel City, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Dhanbad, Durg-Bhilai Nagar, Durgapur, Erode, Faridabad, Firozabad, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Gulbarga, Guntur, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hubli-Dharwad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Jammu, Jamnagar, Jamshedpur, Jhansi, Jodhpur, Kannur, Kanpur, Kakinada, Kochi, Kottayam, Kolhapur, Kollam, Kota, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Malappuram, Malegaon, Mangalore, Meerut, Moradabad, Mysore, Nagpur, Nashik, Nellore, Noida, Patna, Pondicherry, Raipur, Rajkot, Rajahmundry, Ranchi, Rourkela, Salem, Sangli, Siliguri, Solapur, Srinagar, Surat, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Tiruchirappalli, Tiruppur, Tirupati, Ujjain, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vasai-Virar City, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Warangal
Z Cities: All others
Preference Order for SSC CHSL Exam 2016
Note: Although we give you a preference order here, we strongly recommend you to go through the various job profiles posted above and decide for yourself.
|Code||Post||Vacancies||Pay Band||Grade Pay|
|P||PA/SA (Postal Assistant or Sorting Assistant)||3281||Pay Band – I (5200 to 20200)||2400|
|D||DEO (Data Entry Operator)||506||2400|
|E||DEO (Data Entry Operator)||1900|
|L||LDC (Lower Division Clerk)||1321||1900|
You can do the following customization’s as per your interest:
- Swapping D and P – If you prefer Data Entry operator over Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, please put Data Entry operator on top (Be careful about the two DEO posts of different scales – D is 2400 grade pay and E code is 1900 Grade pay)
- Swapping E and L – In case you prefer LDC over DEO in same grade pay of 1900
Can I change the preference order in between the exam process?
No, you cannot change the preference order. Whatever options you put in the application is final. You will only be able to give preferences for Ministries during your Skill test/Typing test.
Will I be considered for only my 1st or 2nd preference?
No, you will be considered for all the posts as per your preference. In case, you do not get qualified for first or second, you will be considered for other posts as per your preference order.
High Quality Coaching (Video lectures, notes and lot more..) for SSC CHSL Exam 2016 – Visit our Youtube Channel